Martes, Abril 16, 2013

A Blessing


“As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.” (Proverbs 26:11) We return to our habit of sin, each and every day. We have thought of change, but was never strong enough to embody that transition. Through faith can we only truly be better.


Life is a constant battle with temptations, but there is always a way out of it, as stated in the Bible, “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13) We are subject to these sins every day, we won’t be able to resist them ourselves, and so we need help, through prayer we’re never alone, the Lord will be faithful in his promise to never leave us in these trying times. Only we choose to be blind to the signs that the Lord is out there ready to help. Not because the Lord isn’t present but because we choose to be out of reach most of the times.


I believe in the Bible, therefore I believe the words it has to offer. Have I always been a believer? No. Too much information has made me arrogant; too knowledgeable that you think you’re a god. Not subject to laws, errors and corrections. You think everything you do is right, that being neutral is enough. I learned to forget. I forgot what’s most important, I was blinded. I was a fool, simply put. “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Corinthians 2:14) I was a stupid man who thinks that my words are of wisdom, too full of myself that no realization of any kind had hit me. Now where has this wisdom placed me? In (Jeremiah 21:14), “But I will punish you according to the fruit of your doings, saith the Lord: and I will kindle a fire in the forest thereof, and it shall devour all things round about it.”


The Lord does not want us to fall unto sin. He wants to right our ways for our own good that we don’t have to be punished. But if it has to be done, to correct what’s wrong, then the Lord will surely make it come to pass. It is a blessing in the form of a very long painful process. “Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.” (1 Peter 3:9)



I am a christian. Hypocrite at it. I try like everybody else, but I'm not righteous. You don't have to be good to do these things. I learn lessons. I share them in hope that somebody or someone out there picks up something from my follies.


I believe in everything right this world has to offer. I don't speak for any belief. I call him the Lord because that's how I knew Him. He may be Allah, Yahweh or Jehovah.  I submit to a power unseen, stronger than any of us can fathom.


It all boils down to us people in the end. I have faith in the capacity of the human to do good, always. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento