Sabado, Abril 27, 2013

Rain in Summer


Summer, over 40 Degrees Celsius today. It was so hot you'd sweat even while doing nothing. Had some friends visit me at home. All the usual talk, another normal day. We were about to go after having some snack when suddenly, the sky went dark. Probably a bit of rain's coming down? Until it poured, and it was like a typhoon, blowing its cold hard rain upon the earth that was burning hot just a while ago. Water's everywhere, I had to secure some items that are in the way of the shower. After having them placed somewhere safe, I was wet. Then this idea occurred to me.


When was the last time you walked in the rain? I can't remember mine. Used to do it when I was a kid. It's fun isn't it? Playing in the rain, jumping in puddles. All while wearing your clothes that are soakingly heavy with rain water. Your parents would disapprove. It'll definitely make you sick. But in my little brain when I was a child, hell I'm thinking no. I used to shower in the bathroom and I didn't get ill, did I? So what's the difference? Technically, none. Oh, isn't this stuff only for the young? I am an adult now so act like one.


It was all hot and boring being grown-up so I threw all the thoughts away and jumped out into the rain. Oh what relief I had when I was finally out there feeling cold and wet and laughing that finally I did it, again. It was worth it. All my steam washed away. All my worries freed. It was good to be down there under the pouring water thinking you're a child again. Being young is in our own hearts indeed. It's only a matter of what you choose to be.


In a world that's spinning out of control that all you can think of is survival. A world that's cruel in every single way, full of problems and dillemas. Thank you rain for reminding me that all I need is a little bit of childhood to taste how GOOD life can be.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento