Martes, Abril 9, 2013

It's More Fun in the..


With its 7107 islands, 300,000 square kilometers of land area and a rough estimate of 94 million population in 2012, we are the 12th most populated nation in the whole world, thank you! The Philippines it is.


Philippines today is in a state of economic growth, although after WWII, the Philippines is regarded as the second wealthiest (next to Japan) in East Asia. the economy started to stagnate due to government corruption and mismanagement in the late '60s up to the present. Philippines with its sewer-water-like rivers, mountains of garbage, flood-control-housing systems, pollution campaigns, unfranchised boating transportations in the rainy season, Political and non-Political massacres, Monarchy aka Democracy in small down to earth poor towns and a whole lot more of 'only in the philippines' matters is what makes the country unique. I love it here, with its flaws and all, its never too hard to see a smile. You die of hunger yet you still smile. Where in the world would you find a happier race? It's more fun in the Philippines.


Not a fan of the Philippine Politics. 2010 was the first year I participated, it was National Presidential Elections. Young and eager to take part, I believed my vote would count as something important. "Excercise your right, you're in on a Democracy!" Every three years we hope. We are forced to believe that change is inevitable, that there is an answer. But that transition we're turning into is not what we think it will be. I am a cynic. No, not politics is the voice of change.


I've decided I will not take part, in any election. My one vote is nothing compared to the powers manipulating the system. I'd love to see the Philippines grow sometime in the future. That's a big problem to burden yourself with, isn't it? I'd start with myself then. Amen!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento